Things to know when completing the skills section
• The skills category is one of the most important things to consider when writing a skill. Start by adding the skill category as your first word in the skills section and then separate each individual skill with commas (,).
• Make sure they are logically arranged under headings like "Industry Knowledge" rather than just adding them randomly throughout the document without organization.
• It is essential to add only two skills lines per category because this will keep your resume organized and easy for potential employers or mentors to read.
• We recommend two skill categories to start with, Industry Knowledge and Technical skills. Industry Knowledge should contain skills like project management, Business communication, and CPR. Technical Skills should include tools and software like Microsoft Office, Maya, Adobe Photoshop, AWS Lambda, etc.
• You can also add other categories like Languages, Softskills, etc.
• Do not add too many skills to your resume. Always stay relevant to the position you are applying for.
• The AI skill explorer is a great way to find new and interesting skills. By entering your existing skills, it will help you find skills that you might have missed.