We are looking for a talented and experienced Biological Engineer to join our team at Rezi. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing biological systems. As a Biological Engineer, you should have a strong understanding of computer science, chemistry, biology, and engineering principles. You will use your expertise to develop innovative solutions for complex biological problems. Your primary responsibilities will include developing and maintaining biological systems, designing experiments to test the effectiveness of systems, and troubleshooting issues. You must have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to quickly identify and address any potential issues. Additionally, you should be able to work independently and collaboratively with other team members. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in biological engineering, computer science, chemistry, or a related field.
• As a Biological Engineer at Rezi, responsible for researching and developing novel biological technologies
• Design and implement experiments to evaluate the performance and safety of proposed technologies
• Analyze results to identify areas for improvement and to develop new strategies for development
• Utilize analytical approaches to develop, optimize and validate biological systems
• Design, build and test prototypes of biological systems to evaluate performance, scalability and safety
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners including software engineers, product managers, operations and data scientists to identify opportunities for business impact
• Develop and maintain documentation related to biological engineering processes and protocols
• Prepare technical reports and presentations to summarize research results and make recommendations for future development
• Master’s degree in a relevant field such as molecular biology, biochemistry, or bioengineering.
• 5+ years of experience in a laboratory setting, including experience with DNA/RNA/protein manipulation, PCR, cloning, and other molecular biology techniques.
• Knowledge of regulatory and safety protocols for working in a laboratory setting.
• Experience with cell culture, microfluidics, and/or tissue engineering.
• Knowledge of genomics, proteomics, and/or metabolomics.
• Ability to design and manage experiments, collect and analyze data, and interpret results.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.