We are looking for a Building Engineer to ensure the safe operation, maintenance and repair of our building and its related mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. The Building Engineer will be responsible for the preventive maintenance of all building related systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, fire and life safety systems. Responsibilities will include responding to emergency situations, conducting regular inspections, troubleshooting and completing repairs and upgrades. The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of building maintenance and repair, along with the ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics. The successful candidate should also have experience in HVAC, preventive maintenance and emergency situations. Ultimately, you will ensure our building is safe and functional.
• As a Building Engineer at Rezi, responsible for maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for our employees and guests
• Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all building systems including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems
• Monitor and respond to alarms and alerts from building systems
• Maintain the building’s infrastructure, including electrical systems, elevators, escalators, plumbing, fire systems, and any other mechanical systems
• Perform preventive maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of building systems
• Assist with the installation of new equipment and systems
• Conduct periodic inspections of building systems and equipment to identify potential problems
• Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
• Respond to emergency situations and provide technical support as needed
• 5+ years of experience in a building engineering role
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical, electrical, and plumbing issues
• Knowledge of building automation systems, such as HVAC, lighting, and security systems
• Proficiency with hand and power tools
• Ability to read blueprints and schematics
• Working knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift and move heavy objects
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
We are looking for an experienced Building Engineer who can help us maintain and operate our building. The Building Engineer is responsible for the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of our HVAC systems and other mechanical systems, as well as performing preventive maintenance, responding to emergency situations, and providing technical assistance to other staff. The ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in HVAC, preventive maintenance, and emergency response experience. Experience with plumbing, electrical, and preventative maintenance is also highly preferred. You should have a deep knowledge of building systems, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a larger team. Ultimately, you will ensure our building systems are functioning properly and safely, and that our building is comfortable and up-to-date.
• As a Building Engineer at Rezi, responsible for providing maintenance, repair, and operation of the building and its related systems
• Develop, implement and maintain preventative and corrective maintenance programs for the building’s systems, equipment and components
• Monitor, inspect and adjust building systems, equipment and components for optimal performance
• Respond to emergency maintenance requests, diagnose and repair problems
• Perform general plumbing, electrical, and carpentry repairs, painting, minor construction and remodeling projects
• Maintain accurate records of maintenance, repair, and operations activities
• Provide guidance and technical assistance to Building Maintenance Technicians
• Ensure safety and quality standards are met in all building services and repairs
• 8+ years of experience in building engineering or related field.
• Knowledge of applicable building codes, safety standards, and applicable regulations.
• Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Ability to use test equipment such as ammeters, pressure gauges, and thermometers.
• Ability to use hand and power tools.
• Ability to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
• Ability to read and understand instructions regarding the use of chemicals, cleaners, and other materials.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel and customers.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to safely lift and move up to 50 lbs.