We are looking for an experienced Building Engineer who can help us maintain and operate our building. The Building Engineer is responsible for the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of our HVAC systems and other mechanical systems, as well as performing preventive maintenance, responding to emergency situations, and providing technical assistance to other staff. The ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in HVAC, preventive maintenance, and emergency response experience. Experience with plumbing, electrical, and preventative maintenance is also highly preferred. You should have a deep knowledge of building systems, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a larger team. Ultimately, you will ensure our building systems are functioning properly and safely, and that our building is comfortable and up-to-date.
• As a Building Engineer at Rezi, responsible for providing maintenance, repair, and operation of the building and its related systems
• Develop, implement and maintain preventative and corrective maintenance programs for the building’s systems, equipment and components
• Monitor, inspect and adjust building systems, equipment and components for optimal performance
• Respond to emergency maintenance requests, diagnose and repair problems
• Perform general plumbing, electrical, and carpentry repairs, painting, minor construction and remodeling projects
• Maintain accurate records of maintenance, repair, and operations activities
• Provide guidance and technical assistance to Building Maintenance Technicians
• Ensure safety and quality standards are met in all building services and repairs
• 8+ years of experience in building engineering or related field.
• Knowledge of applicable building codes, safety standards, and applicable regulations.
• Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Ability to use test equipment such as ammeters, pressure gauges, and thermometers.
• Ability to use hand and power tools.
• Ability to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
• Ability to read and understand instructions regarding the use of chemicals, cleaners, and other materials.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel and customers.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to safely lift and move up to 50 lbs.