We are looking for a qualified Marine Engineer to join our team and manage the maintenance, repair, and operation of our marine vessels. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, constructing and maintaining marine systems, such as propulsion systems, electrical systems, fuel systems, and water systems, as well as troubleshooting potential problems. You should have a strong understanding of engineering principles and be able to use AutoCAD, HVAC, and Diesel Engines to design and build vessels. Additionally, you will oversee personnel and provide training to new hires. Successful candidates will be able to evaluate the efficiency of current marine systems and suggest improvements. Ultimately, you will ensure our vessels are in optimal condition and safe for our crew and passengers.
• As a Marine Engineer at Rezi, responsible for designing, building and maintaining a wide range of vessels and other maritime structures
• Evaluate vessel designs for strength, stability and safety, and plan and manage modifications to existing vessels
• Develop and maintain vessel engineering systems such as propulsion and power systems, navigation and communication systems, and safety and environmental systems
• Conduct structural analysis and design of vessels and other maritime structures
• Develop and maintain vessel maintenance plans, and conduct surveys and inspections
• Develop and maintain vessel operations plans, and coordinate vessel operations
• Provide technical advice to operations and maintenance staff, and troubleshoot and investigate vessel issues
• Monitor and report on vessel performance and maintenance activities
• Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in marine engineering and design or related field
• Proven experience in developing and implementing engineering solutions for marine vessels, equipment, and systems.
• In-depth knowledge of marine engineering principles, materials, and standards.
• Excellent knowledge of marine propulsion, power generation, and automation systems.
• Strong understanding of marine engineering and design software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and specifications.
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.