We are looking for an experienced Pharmacy Technician to join our team at Rezi. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the pharmacist in providing medication and other health care services to patients. You should have an understanding of pharmacy equipment and medical procedures as well as excellent customer service skills.Your duties will include receiving and verifying prescription orders, stocking shelves with medications, preparing medications for dispensing, providing customer service and assisting with inventory management. You should be able to identify medication errors and have a thorough understanding of medical terminology. You should also be able to provide accurate information about drug interactions, side effects and dosage. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure the safe and effective use of medication to patients.
• As a Pharmacy Technician at Rezi, responsible for managing the pharmacy compartment, filling and dispensing prescription orders, and providing customer service
• Verify patient information and enter patient/prescription information accurately into pharmacy system
• Dispense prescription medications and other medical products in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
• Utilize pharmacy computer system to enter patient and drug information, process prescriptions and obtain medication pricing information
• Communicate with physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel to answer questions related to medications, drug interactions, and other medical inquiries
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures, including current laws, regulations, and standards of practice
• Assist in compounding, packaging, and labeling of medications according to standard operating procedures
• High school diploma or GED certificate.
• Must have completed a Pharmacy Technician Training program or have equivalent experience.
• Should have knowledge of pharmacy terminology, medical abbreviations, and basic anatomy and physiology.
• Must be able to perform basic calculations.
• Must possess excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to read and interpret prescriptions.
• Must be able to prepare medications for dispensing.
• Must be able to maintain patient records and perform other administrative duties.
• Must possess knowledge of computer systems and data entry.
• Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Must be able to comply with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.