We are looking for an experienced Case Manager to join our team in providing social services to underserved communities. The Case Manager will provide individualized services to individuals and families and will be responsible for assisting clients in meeting their immediate needs and developing long-term plans for self-sufficiency. To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in the areas of social work, community resources, and rehabilitation. You should also be able to deal with difficult people and keep a calm and professional attitude when communicating with clients. Ultimately, you will help our clients gain access to the assistance they need to improve their quality of life.
• As a Case Manager at Rezi, responsible for overseeing the case management process for our clients
• Provide guidance to clients and their families throughout the process
• Develop and implement individualized treatment plans for clients in order to achieve their goals
• Monitor and assess progress of client treatment plans and provide feedback on progress
• Maintain detailed records of all interactions with clients and other involved parties
• Collaborate with other professionals to coordinate services, ensure continuity of care and provide a comprehensive treatment plan
• Conduct crisis intervention and provide emotional support to clients in need
• Assist clients in navigating the legal system and advocate for their rights
• Facilitate and attend meetings with clients and other involved parties as needed
• Utilize data analysis and reporting to identify trends and patterns in client needs and recommend program improvements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in case management with knowledge of state and federal regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
• Ability to work with individuals and families of diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of local community resources, eligibility requirements, and the ability to link clients to those resources.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and take initiative to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to assess and identify client needs, develop and implement individualized service plans.
• Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.