We are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join our team at Rezi. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in legal documentation and case management. The Paralegal will be responsible for preparing legal documents such as pleadings, motions, subpoenas, and briefs. You will research legal precedent, investigate facts, and summarize complex legal documents. Additionally, you will maintain case dockets and prepare for court hearings. To be successful in this role you must have excellent multitasking and organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form. Ultimately, you will ensure that all documents are properly filed and presented in a timely manner, while ensuring accuracy and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• As a Paralegal at Rezi, responsible for researching, analyzing and summarizing legal documents and providing support to the legal team
• Draft legal documents and contracts, including but not limited to transactional agreements, license agreements, and litigation documents
• Assist in the management of legal matters, including document collection and organization, due diligence and research
• Monitor and track legal compliance and litigation, and coordinate with outside counsel
• Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations and track changes or developments in laws and regulations
• Assist with the preparation of legal documents, including but not limited to pleadings, motions, contracts and other legal documents
• Assist in the preparation of applications and filings with governmental entities, including the USPTO and SEC
• Proactively identify areas for improvement and recommend more efficient processes for the legal team
• Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of experience in a corporate paralegal role.
• Proven ability to work independently, with excellent attention to detail, organization, and accuracy.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
• Proficiency in legal research tools, including Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, and other databases.
• Working knowledge of legal terminology and principles of law, legal drafting, and legal procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other applicable software.